An empty shell of what once was –
Soulless and hollow,
Cold to the outside world,
Empty on the inside -
This town is long abandoned,
Forgotten by most.
Those who do remember
Like to pretend it doesn’t exist.
What happened here
Is something nobody speaks of.
Dark and horrific as they were,
The events happened to the best of people.
The eeriness of this town
Seeps into you and grabs hold.
The dark energy hopes to tie you here.
The shadows dance
With the memories of yesterday,
The crumbled ruins of once grand buildings
Whisper about the time that was;
Ghosts appear and disappear in the fog,
Reminiscing about the dark days,
As the broken spirit pulls me in.
Though tempting,
The draw of darkness is teasing.
But I listen;
This town, left abandoned,
Has a story to tell,
However dark it may be.
The grey rubble of broken down buildings
Are a stark contrast to the fog.
Overgrown crossroads and a railroad
Lead dark paths through the ruins.
Hoarse whispers call to me,
Taunting and cruel,
Punishing.
Yet, I resist the pull,
The call of the darkness,
It’s yearning to come and play.
I just listen,
Allowing the memories and whispers guide me,
Filling me with their stories and past.
I close my eyes
And open myself to the memories,
An open flow of communication,
With an equal amount of temptation.
I am lost within myself,
Following down a path laid out
By the darker forces,
Dragging me down.
When I finally open my eyes,
Nothing’s changed,
But I am not the same.
An energy crackles through my veins,
An energy that wasn’t there before,
And it is more powerful
Than anything I have ever felt before,
Pulling me deeper into the town,
Almost as though it wants to keep me here,
Drawing me in…

… I am a shell of the person I was,
Drawing energy from the town,
Hollow and soulless,
Empty of all else,
But an energy that has entered me
And has filled my veins,
Anchoring me here
In a town that has died
When its soul escaped,
And its past is now more…
…Except in my heart

And it has replaced my soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

today's sunset!!!

Choices