coolness surrounds me as i wade deeper into the glassy water. the ocean is calm, for once. waist-deep, i stop, rest my hands on top of the smooth surface. the sun beats down on my shoulders, keeping me warm. the sand is smooth under my feet. a gentle breeze rolls off the ocean, rippling the surface of the water, ever so gently. the smell of brine and salt fill my nose.
the sky is baby blue, the glassy surface of the ocean a perfect imitation of it. a few puffy, white clouds roll and stretch across the sky and its perfect reflection in the water below.
in this moment, there is calm and peace. happiness warms my body. another breeze breathes across the ocean, skittering across my shoulders, tickling my nose and cheeks, playing with loose strands of my hair.
this is perfection.

Comments

  1. Is this off Narbonne in the Méditerranée. ma chère amie? SuzieM13

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't think of it like that... but now that i read your comment, it could be. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

today's sunset!!!

Choices