A forest... Trees as far as the eye can see. Green, brown. Moss on rocks and trunks of trees. Green leaves making a canopy over my head. The trunks are brown under the patchy moss. The ground is covered by leaves fallen in years past, brown - a rich, golden brown. A tree trunk lays on the forest floor off to the right. A cool breeze floats past me, bringing the smells of the forest around me - musk, mossy, a little bit of rain. I can hear the river gushing close by, rolling over rocks, crashing around a bend; I'm sure it is swollen from the onslaught it recieved from the rain. The emerald canopy over my head allows a few rays of sun down to the ground; I am standing in a shaft of light.
Birds chirp, unseen in the trees around me. A woodpecker taps away- peck peck peck - up high, above my head. A frog croaks close by, its croak sounding from somewhere I can't distinguish it from. Leaves rustle in a gentle breeze as it tickles my face.
This forest is one I don't know, yet familiar to me. I may have visited it once before, a very long time ago, but I do not remember ever seeing it. Maybe, just maybe, this forest was made just for me.

Comments

  1. So do you like being out in Nature, Charlotte? Name a favorite spot....
    SuzieM13@mac.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

today's sunset!!!

Choices