i'm free-falling, tumbling through a well of darkness. there is no end to this, is there? the wind - well, still air, but it feels like wind because i am moving down - whips my hair around my face, pulls my clotes taught against my skin. it's cold and i am shivering. my eyes are watering... not from crying, but from the cold wind that is pricking my eyes.
i keep tumbling downwards, down, down, down. i feel like i should have hit something by now, but i haven't. i look up and down - there is no light to tell me how far i have come or how far i have left to fall. left and right, but once again... there is no light. the darkness is deafening and blinding. i cannot see or hear.
it comes as no surprise, then, that i am hearing voices and seeing things. my eyes and ears play tricks on me. i don't know if i am answering the voices or not. i cannot feel, so i don't know if my lips are moving. the voices are too loud that i cannot hear my own voice.
i am senseless. i cannot see, touch, hear, or smell. all i see is the blackness of the dark. the ohnly thing i hear is the whistling of the wind now. i cannot smell anything, i am moving so fast. the wind is so cold i went numb minutes - or hours? days perhaps? - ago. all sense of time passing has left me, as well.
still falling, still tumbling, turning, the wind trying to push against gravity, and failing. still senseless, unaware of time passing. i do not care anymore. i let my myself fall. falling down, away from reality, away from sanity, away from everything, to fantasies, to craziness, to nothingness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

today's sunset!!!

Choices