the wind blows, swirling the leaves around. the sky, sunny and bright less than thrity seconds ago, now is covered with dark clounds that are pelting rain. pools of water quickly form on the ground. thunder claps in the distance. everyone had run into their houses, but i am taking my time walking home. i don't mind being in stormy weather. lightening flickers a few miles away. the rain is coming down thick and fast. it's hard to see what is coming, so i walk on the grass. i hear a noise over the sound of the rain. it is out of the ordinary... something that may be shouldn't be in a storm like this. i gently pic up my pace, rain getting into my eyes. thunder rumbles again. i start to relax. i gaze out through the rain, trying to see what is ahead. all i see is the rain, the darkness caused by the dark cloud cover. lightning pierces the sky, breaking my reverie. it lights the sky, allowing me to see for a mere second before it's so dark again. it normally doesn't take this long to get home... this freaks me out. maybe that noise that was so out of the ordinary was some sort of warning. why didn't i pay attention? it was telling me that maybe i am walking into a trap, walking to the end of the line... maybe living through my last and worst nightmare... only not to see what will become of this...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

today's sunset!!!

Choices